Are you ready to contribute to the acceleration of the energy transition by leveraging your energy systems simulation and development skills?
Join our team at HYGRO, a fast-growing green hydrogen energy company, and help shape the future of sustainable energy.
HYGRO aims to establish a sustainable supply chain with hydrogen as the primary energy carrier. As a market leader in the Netherlands, we are focused on replacing diesel and developing a nationwide network of hydrogen production locations, hubs, and satellite refuelling stations. By 2027, our goal is to supply hydrogen to at least a 1,000-truck equivalent. With a motivated and fun team of 15 FTE, we offer an exciting opportunity to work in a dynamic and evolving start-up environment.
As an Energy Systems Simulation Developer at HYGRO, you will play a vital role in our technical team. Your primary responsibility will be developing internal energy system modelling software to assess hydrogen production locations and system sizing for end-user applications. This involves delivering conceptual designs for optimal energy systems that incorporate hydrogen, tailored to each project. You will collaborate with cross-functional colleagues, including project managers, engineers, and financial experts, to design and optimize hydrogen energy systems. In addition, you will engage with relevant stakeholders such as government bodies, landowners, and project developers/engineers. Staying up-to-date with applicable laws and regulations related to hydrogen production and implementation at different offtake locations will be essential.
- Enhance and refine HYGRO's energy system modelling tool to determine optimal energy system sizing.
- Based on the proposed designs, develop simulation tools for assessing hydrogen production locations and station perf.
- Create forecasting models for hydrogen production and demand locations.
- Collaborate with financial and technical colleagues to optimize hydrogen energy system design.
- Engage with stakeholders, including governments, landowners, and project developers/engineers.
- Stay informed about relevant laws and regulations pertaining to hydrogen production and implementation at various offtake locations, such as building sites, refuelling stations, and commercial buildings.
- Master's degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, computer science, or applied physics, preferably with 0-3 years of work experience.
- Motivated and eager to learn, with excellent relationship-building skills.
- Ability to work with deadlines and deliver high-quality results.
- Strong project management skills and ability to maintain an overview of tasks.
- Proficiency in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in programming languages such as Python, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience in developing and implementing object-oriented programming approaches in energy system modelling is a plus.
- Familiarity with optimization algorithms and knowledge of machine learning techniques (deep learning, neural networks, genetic algorithms) is a plus.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please contact:
phone +31 6 57 14 20 00
phone +31 6 43 20 00 16
To apply for this job, please send your motivation letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.